Designed as a practical solution for carless families, the Clek Liingo is the only baseless infant car seat (carrier only) currently available for sale to the public. Why is that? Well, current law requires that every car seat sold in North America must offer both a LATCH and a seat belt method of installation. Where traditional infant car seats are sold with a base to provide a LATCH installation option, the Clek Liingo is engineered with the LATCH connectors directly onto the car seat carrier, eliminating the need for the car seat base. Clek will continue to recommend the European belt path method of installation with Liingo (a vehicle seat belt method of installation), as the shoulder belt wrapping behind the carrier controls downward rotation similar to a load leg, providing additional crash protection to the child.
The Liingo carrier weighs 9 lbs**, and is compatible with the stroller brands you love and has a convenient one-handed quick release that makes it easy to remove from the stroller. Its newborn body support system ensures your little one is kept safely positioned, while the SPF 100+ adjustable canopy, complete with a mesh peekaboo window, provides sun protection, enhanced airflow, and visibility inside. This car seat is Made in Canada and is available in various fabric options, all of which are free of brominated and chlorinated flame-retardants. However, should you need a car seat base down the road, no problem - you can purchase one separately.
Height: up to 32 in
Weight: 4 - 35 lb
- Weighs 9 lb with newborn body support and LATCH bin removed (can still be installed using the recommended Euro belt path method).
- Two-stage newborn support system provides proper head support and a snug seating position for newborns and early arrivals.
- 2-piece energy absorbing EPP lined seat shell to help protect the head and body, while providing airflow between the layers of the seat.
- 9-year expiration
- 1+2-year warranty when registered online within 90 days of purchase
- Recyclable through Clek’s car seat recycling program
- Aircraft approved
What’s in the box
- Infant seat carrier
- Owner’s manual